DIO, Inspection and Certification Organization of Organic Products, was established in 1993 as a non-profit public benefit Organization. DIO offers the benefit of long-term experience, leadership and consistent presence in the field of organic products.
DIO has been authorized by the Ministry of Agricultural Development and Food of the Hellenic Republic since 21/7/1993 as an official Inspection & Certification of Organic Products Body, according to European legislation and is the longest-operating Inspection and Certification Organization of organic products in Greece, with the code GR-BIO-01.
DIO Organization was the first Hellenic Inspection and Certification Organization of organic products to be accredited by E.SY.D. (Hellenic Accreditation System), in accordance with ELOT ΕΝ 45011, on 27-11-2001-nowdays ISO 17065
Since 15/10/2010 has been accredited by E.SY.D. (Hellenic Accreditation System), in accordance with EN ISO/IEC 1021 Standards, to carry out inspections of Food Safety Management Systems according to EN ISO 22000:2005.
- Certification of Organic Products
- Certification of Management Systems: ELOT EN ISO 22000:2005
- Provides certification services for Organic Cosmetics and Detergents (in cooperation with the Italian Certification Body ICEA)
- Provides certification services in accordance with the specifications & requirements of other International Standards for organic products
- Certification of all other Management Systems (Global Gap, Agro, ISO 14001, etc), in cooperation with the EQA.
DIO is a member of IFOAM (International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements) and actively participates in both the IFOAM’s European Office (EU Group), an advisory body to the European Union on the issues of organic agriculture, and the Mediterranean Part of IFOAM (AGRIBIOMEDITERRANNEO).
Its aims are the inspection and certification of organic products, the dissemination of the principles and ideas of the organic movement and of relevant news regarding legislation, certification and field practices, the protection of the environment, the conservation of ecosystems, the protection of consumer’s health and the increment of consumer’s awareness.
Its headquarters are in Athens and it has 7 Regional offices all over the country.