Profile – DIO, Inspection and Certification Organization of Organic Products
DIO, Inspection and Certification Organization of Organic Products, was established in 1993 as a non-profit public benefit Organization. DIO offers the benefit of long-term experience, leadership and consistent presence in the field of organic products.
DIO has been authorized by the Ministry of Agricultural Development and Food of the Hellenic Republic since 21/7/1993 as an official Inspection & Certification of Organic Products Body, according to European legislation and is the longest-operating Inspection and Certification Organization of organic products in Greece, with the code GR-BIO-01.
DIO Organization was the first Hellenic Inspection and Certification Organization of organic products to be accredited by E.SY.D. (Hellenic Accreditation System), in accordance with ELOT ΕΝ 45011, on 27-11-2001-nowadays ISO 17065.
Since 15/10/2010 DIO has been accredited by E.SY.D. (Hellenic Accreditation System), in accordance with EN ISO/IEC 1021 Standards, to carry out inspections of Food Safety Management Systems according to EN ISO 22000:2005.
- Certification of Organic Products based on Reg. (EC) No. 834/2007
- Certification of Management Systems: ELOT EN ISO 22000:2005, ISO 9001
- Inspection services for certification according to the following International Standards: Biocyclic Vegan Standard, BIOSUISSE, Naturland, Biodynamic Federation-Demeter International, DELINAT, KRAV, JAS, USDA-NOP, Canada Organic
- Inspection services for the certification of Organic Cosmetics (COSMOS Organic), Textiles (Global Organic Textile Standard) and Detergents (ECO Bio Cleaners) in cooperation with the Italian Certification Body ICEA.
- Certification of other Management Systems (ISO 14001, etc), in cooperation with accredited control bodies in Greece.
DIO is a member of IFOAM ORGANICS EUROPE (International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements) and actively participates in both the IFOAM’s European Office (EU Group), an advisory body to the European Union on the issues of organic agriculture, and the Mediterranean Part of IFOAM (AGRIBIOMEDITERRANNEO). Further, DIO is a founding member of the Croatian Certification Body AGRIBIOCERT and a shareholder of both ICEA and AGRIBIOCERT.
In addition to the inspection and certification of organic products, DIO’s aims include the dissemination of the principles and ideas of the organic movement and of relevant news regarding legislation, certification and field practices, environmental protection, the conservation of ecosystems, the protection of consumer’s health and the building of consumer awareness.
DIO has a network of 7 Regional offices throughout Greece, as well as the Central Office in Athens.